Microsoft SQL Server 2016
Choose between the 64-bit or 32-bit version depending on compatibility, software specifications and features provided by this SQL Server 2016 software.
This software does not contain a DVD disc, USB or any media/retail box unless otherwise stated; it is a digital download only. See steps involved below:
You will receive your product key and download link via email.
- We will provide instructions on how to install the product.
- Install and enter your 25-digital product key as prompted.
- Complete the installation and start the application.
- Activate the product online or through telephone activation.
Digital delivery - You MUST activate within 72 hrs of purchase, after license activation, it will work for the lifetime of your system.
Benefits of SQL database software
- Enhanced in-memory performance provide up to 30x faster transactions, more than 100x faster queries than disk based relational databases and real-time operational analytics
- New Always Encrypted technology helps protect your data at rest and in motion, on-premises and in the cloud, with master keys sitting with the application, without application changes
- Built-in advanced analytics– provide the scalability and performance benefits of building and running your advanced analytics algorithms directly in the core SQL Server transactional database
- Business insights through rich visualizations on mobile devices with native apps for Windows, iOS and Android
- Simplify management of relational and non-relational data with ability to query both through standard T-SQL using PolyBase technology
- Stretch Database technology keeps more of your customer’s historical data at your fingertips by transparently stretching your warm and cold OLTP data to Microsoft Azure in a secure manner without application changes
- Faster hybrid backups, high availability and disaster recovery scenarios to backup and restore your on-premises databases to Microsoft Azure and place your SQL Server AlwaysOn secondaries in Azure
SQL Server 2016 SP2 contains fixes to issues that have been reported through our customer feedback platforms and Hotfix solutions provided in SQL Server 2016 Cumulative Update 2 through Cumulative Update 8. Service Pack 2 also includes supportability and scalability enhancements, and addresses issues that have been reported through the Windows Error Reporting system.